- Studied acting, singing and dancing at the Barbara Speake Stage School in London.
- Performed with Michael Jackson at the age of 11 on the 1996 BRIT Awards.
- Was cast as the lead in the 2006 independent film Kidulthood; the part became his breakout role.
- Started the A.S.A. (Actors Student Alliance) for emerging actors in 2008.
- Auditioned for the U.S. television drama Harry's Law using an American accent so convincing the British-born Ameen was mistaken for a native New Yorker.
- His first name means "hope" in Arabic.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Flash: Was Barry's Reaction to Nora's Partnership with the Reverse Flash Too Harsh?
- 2. Empire Boss Confirms Who Is Definitely Not in the Casket
- 3. The 5 Episodes of Netflix's Love, Death + Robots You Absolutely Should Watch
- 4. David Boreanaz Hints at an Angel Reunion for Series' 20th Anniversary
- 5. Why Did Mia Smoak Grow Up Without Her Father on Arrow?
- 6. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Kat McNamara Reveals Emotional Moment Filming Her Final Scene
- 7. Avan Jogia and Kelli Berglund Read High Ideas from Reddit