- Father died of cancer when he was 6 years old.
- Spent his high-school days performing in choirs as well as an improv club.
- Auditioned for the Oxygen network's reality show The Glee Project while he was still in high school.
- Was named the runner-up for The Glee Project. His prize was a two-episode arc on the third season of Glee in the character of Wade Adams, a transgender student.
- Became a regular cast member in Glee's fourth season.
- Planned on attending Boston's Berklee College of Music after receiving a vocal-performance scholarship, but opted to pursue acting instead.
- Supports the American Cancer Society.
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 2. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 3. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 4. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 5. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 6. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple
- 7. The CW Really Wants to Make Chris Wood Happen