- Father, Emile Van Sprang, was a member of a popular 1960s rock band called the Stampeders, which was led by Alan's uncle Ronnie King.
- Performed for three seasons with Calgary's Shakespeare in the Park, and five years with Theatre Calgary.
- Has appeared in George Romero's zombie features Land of the Dead (2005), Diary of the Dead (2008) and Survival of the Dead (2009).
- At 39, decided to shave his head in an effort to land "leading, dangerous, bad-guy parts," but his next three roles were that of a priest, a heroic Greek slave and a good-hearted policeman.
- For his role as a Greek slave in 2011's Immortals, he had to undergo a three-week "hardcore boot camp" that included a daily regimen of dieting, cardio workouts, yoga, fight training and gym and weight training.
- Logan Joseph Van Sprang — Son
- Emile Van Sprang — Father
- Sarah Robichaud — Ex-significant Other
- Mount Royal College Conservatory of Music and Speech Arts, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (1992)
- 1. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 2. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 3. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 4. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 5. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 6. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 7. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple