- Mentored by Run-DMC's Jam Master Jay, who shepherded him to a recording contract with Columbia Records after hearing one of his raps on an underground mix tape.
- Was shot nine times in 2000 while sitting in his car in front of his grandmother's house—and drove himself to the hospital.
- Debut album Get Rich or Die Trying sold six million copies and set a record as the top-selling debut of all time.
- Cofounded the G-Unit Clothing Company with Marc Ecko in 2003; continued the line on his own after the partnership dissolved in 2008.
- Broke into the movie business in 2005 by starring in the semiautobiographical film Get Rich or Die Trying.
- Was recognized as a top rap artist of the 2000-09 decade by Billboard magazine.
- 2009, Grammy — Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group: Winner
- Beulah Jackson — Grandmother
- Daphne Joy — Ex-significant Other
- Shaniqua Tompkins — Ex-significant Other
- Sire Jackson — Daughter
- Davian — Son
- Sabrina Jackson — Mother
- Marquise Jackson — Son
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Schitt's Creek Season 5 Is Moira's Moment, Peasants
- 2. The Masked Singer: The Deer Is Unmasked, Revealing a Hall of Famer
- 3. Vikings Just Revealed Where Lagertha Has Been, and It Is Seriously Bleak
- 4. Black Monday: You've Never Seen Wall Street This Funny (or Black)
- 5. 5 Reasons Not to Freak Out Over Riverdale's Latest WTF Cliffhanger
- 6. What to Stream the Weekend of Jan. 18
- 7. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is the Best the Show Has Ever Been