Best TVs For You 2019
Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews. Links to partner retailers may earn money to support our work.
Best High-End TV for the money
LG OLEDB8P series
8.7 (CNET SCORE)
The LG B8 has spectacular image quality, second only to LG's more-expensive OLED TVs among models we've tested. It delivers perfect black levels, superb uniformity, wide viewing angles, accurate color and a great bright-room picture.
- Four HDMI inputs with HDMI 2.0a, HDCP 2.2
- HDR10 and Dolby Vision
- Google Assitant and Amazon Alexa Support
Best smaller budget Smart TV
TCL 325 series (2019 Roku TV)
7.0 (CNET SCORE)
The TCL S325 series is one of the least expensive smart TVs you can buy. Roku TV delivers the best smart TV experience on the market, with a simple, responsive user interface, thousands of apps and constant feature upgrades.
- Google Assistant support
- 3x HDMI
- Works with Roku Wireless Speakers
Midpriced runner-up with great style
Sony XBR-X900E series
8.2 (CNET SCORE)
The Sony XBR-X900E has the sweet style and superb picture quality to tempt midrange TV shoppers away from Vizio or TCL.
- Excellent image quality, with deep black levels, accurate color, solid video processing and best-in-class high dynamic range performance; Modern, minimalist styling is a cut above budget models; Android TV operating system beats many competitors with more apps and integrated Google Assistant
- Costs more than Vizio and TCL TVs with similar image quality; Smart TV and voice control features can occasionally be slow to respond
Best midrange TV design
Samsung MU9000 series
7.8 (CNET SCORE)
If you want a TV to look as good turned off as it does playing an image, the Samsung MU9000 is an excellent choice.
- One of the nicest-looking TVs available, with more modern style and attention to detail than anything in its price class; Separate input box and built-in wiring channels can create a super-clean installation; picture quality is very good, especially in bright rooms, and very similar to the more-expensive QLED model
- Other TVs at this price and lower from Sony, Vizio and TCL have better image quality
Best TV design
Samsung QNQ7F series
7.6 (CNET SCORE)
Hate wires? The high-end Samsung Q7 is for you. But if you demand the absolute best picture quality, look to OLED.
- One of the best-designed TVs ever, with sleek, modern styling and impeccable fit and finish; Innovative "invisible" wiring system and breakout box make installation superclean; Picture quality is very good, especially in bright rooms
- Expensive Q7's overall image quality can't match OLED or the better LED LCD TVs
Best budget TV picture quality
Vizeo E series 2017 (60- to 80-inch)
7.3 (CNET SCORE)
The Vizio E series offers the very good image quality for a rock-bottom price, as long as you stick to the 60-inch and larger models.
- Best picture quality available in this price range, thanks to local dimming; Google Cast system offers more apps and frequent updates than many dedicated smart-TV systems, and now you can access some apps without using your phone
Best built-in smart TV system
TCL S405 series Roku TV (2017)
7.0 (CNET SCORE)
Although the image quality is just "good enough," the S405 series is still an excellent choice for budget buyers focused on streaming and simplicity.
- Among the least expensive 4K TVs on the market; Roku TV delivers the simplest, most comprehensive smart TV experience on the market; Superb user interface delivers thousands of apps and the most 4K video of any system
- Worse picture than competing Vizio TVs; 4K resolution and HDR don't deliver a substantial improvement in image quality
Best no-frills, picture-first big TV
Vizeo D series 2017 (D65-E0 and D55-E0)
7.0 (CNET SCORE)
As some of the cheapest TVs with local dimming and a very good picture, two members of Vizio's D series are excellent values.
- Very good picture quality, thanks to local dimming, and are among the least expensive TVs available in their size range
- Smart TV system is dated and significantly worse than competing Roku TVs