It's the answer Tru Calling fans have dreaded. Gail Berman confirmed to me Monday that the Eliza Dushku thriller has been laid to rest, although she noted that "we finished six episodes... and we anticipate putting them on the air at some point." So what the heck happened? Specifically, why would Fox renew Tru only to scrap it before a single episode of the show's second season aired? Blame the new supernatural soap Point Pleasant, which Berman felt was a more compatible Thursday-night companion to The O.C.. Translation: If you wanna get back at Fox for axing Tru, don't watch Point Pleasant.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger
- 2. Here's What It's Like to Go to IDCon, the Unofficial Murderchella
- 3. Netflix's The Perfection Review: Logan Browning's Projectile Vomit Is Far from the Grossest Part
- 4. What to Stream the Weekend of May 24
- 5. Where We Left Off With Star Trek: Picard's Eponymous Captain
- 6. Could Whiskey Cavalier Get a Second Season After All?
- 7. The First Teaser Trailer for Star Trek: Picard Is Here and Something's Up with Jean-Luc