Tom Arnold is the last celebrity you'd ever think of as a serious investigative reporter, but in The Hunt for the Trump Tapes, coming to Viceland in September, he is a full-blown evidence-obsessed madman determined to uncover tapes of Donald Trump allegedly saying and doing some truly heinous things.
In the eight-episode series, Arnold goes to intense lengths to uncover rumored tapes of the president using the N-word on The Apprentice; tape of prostitutes he allegedly hired peeing on Barack Obama's former bed; and even footage of Trump allegedly "roughing up" Melania in an elevator. In his quest, he ropes Hollywood pals including Apprentice alums Arnold Schwarzenegger and Penn Jillette, as well as Judd Apatow and Rosie O'Donnell plus former business associates, to find the tapes, and expose why people like Apprentice boss Mark Burnett allegedly prevent the tapes from going public. At the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills Thursday, Arnold shared his sentiments about the tapes, the show and the president. He didn't hold back, to say the least.
1. "I don't give a sh-t about the 40 percent," he said, referring to the batch of Trump supporters who probably won't be swayed by any (more) evidence of his erratic, sexist and racist behavior. "He is a crazy person. He is putting this country on the precipice of war right now. For some reason, I am in a position to do something, and it is working. And I am going to do this until that guy resigns and the world will be safer. It's going to happen."
2. "It's personal," he said. (In the series, Arnold explains that he used to be pals with Trump, whom he calls a fellow dipsh-t D-lister.)
3. "It's always about what's best for our country. There's going to be more tapes — more [Michael] Cohen tapes coming out. Keep the steam coming. That'll take over until that f----r goes down."
4. "Four times, producers pulled Trump out of The Apprentice," because of sexist remarks on camera, Arnold said. "I'm going to keep hammering Mark Burnett... Mark says he's a Christian — he let a sexual harasser do this show."
5. "You're going to see documentation there is a pee-pee tape. You will know there is a pee-pee tape."
6. On Trump's disapproval of NFL players kneeling: "Donald Trump doesn't' give a sh-t about America. He doesn't like black guys."
7. "You got to go at this thing with all angles. He was so broke in 2008 he borrowed money from Jeff Epstein when he was a convicted pedophile, so it makes sense he would try to launder money through Russians."
8. On Hillary hating: "When did it become OK to bully a 70-something-year-old woman? What is wrong with these men?"
9. And then this gem, that will hopefully leave your imagination as quickly as possible. "Donald Trump is not a germaphobe. How many germaphobes raw dog that many porn stars?"
The Hunt for the Trump tapes airs Sept. 18 on Viceland.