According to Us Weekly, MTV is in early talks to revive the show that originally gave the world Speidy. (That's short for Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, not something you need to get tested at the clinic for, FYI.) While the talks are still early, the magazine got quotes from several ex-cast members who would be down for a reunion including Kristin Cavallari, the aforementioned Speidy, Whitney Port and Audrina Patridge.
Lauren Conrad, who initially launched The Hills as a spin-off of Laguna Beach, is already a firm no on joining a reboot. Conrad married Something Corporate guitarist William Tell in 2014 and has been making it big as a lifestyle brand ambassador. She doesn't need the reality TV paycheck. Her high school BFF Lauren "Lo" Bosworth also took a hard pass when an MTV executive called her about the possibility back in February.
"I was like, 'F--k, no! I don't want any association with those people,'" she said on her Lady Lovin' podcast. Safe to say, the Laurens have moved on with their lives.
1. If Audrina comes back, will Ryan Cabrera also be on the show? Audrina has already been making headlines after reconciling with her ex, Ryan Cabrera. The "True" crooner is a '00s staple in his own right and having Audrina on the show without him would be a massive disappointment.
2. How prominently would Spencer's crystal line be featured? Since his time on The Hills as the show's primary villain, Spencer Pratt has gotten really into crystals. He even has his own line of them called Pratt Daddy Crystals. Can MTV include them without it being considered product placement? Do I want Spencer Pratt back on my television if this eccentricity is not included? No, MTV, I don't.
3. Uh, who will be the bad guy? Speaking of villains, who would it be in this reunited group of people? Spencer and Heidi have been married for almost a decade now and have a child together. Kristin has also settled into domestic bliss, so who is going to stoke the relationship drama within this group of friends and purposefully stir the pot for the cameras? No one is really interested in seeing rich, beautiful people lead normal, well-balanced lives. The crystals can't do everything, people, so who exactly would get things going to make things interesting for those of us at home?
4. Wait, can Olivia do it? Just kidding, we've already figured it out. Olivia Palermo was a fantastic villain during Whitney's spin-off, The City. We checked her Wikipedia page and she seems available. She is at least still part of the Laguna Beach/The Hills family. Do not think you can pull in one of the women from Siesta Key and that we will be here for it MTV, because no.
5. Where is Justin Bobby?: Man, this guy was such a dick but I kind of loved him. This isn't strictly a show-related question. I'd like to know what he and his beautiful hair are up to these days. If The Hills doesn't pan out, MTV should do a show about finding Justin Bobby. I'd watch the s--t out of that.
The ball is back in your court in MTV. Let us know when to start playing Natasha Beddingfield's "Unwritten" on repeat again.