The Four: Battle for Stardomwill be down one judge in its finale next week.
Charlie Walk, one of four judges on Fox's new singing competition, made the decision to leave the show's finale which airs next week in the wake of sexual harassment claims made against him, according to Variety. Republic Records, where the record executive serves as president, has suspended him as well.
Walk released a statement to Variety, in which he denied the allegations.
"Out of respect for the contestants, my fellow judges and everyone involved with the show, I have made the decision not to attend the finale of The Four," he said. "I do not want my presence to be a distraction. Needless to say this is very upsetting. Although I continue to support the 'Me Too' movement, there has been an extreme rush to judgment against me in this particular case which is unfair and inconsistent with anything that even actually happened. I welcome any investigation so that in short order these unfounded and hurtful accusations can be put to rest."
In an open letter posted to her company's website earlier this week, Life Lab founder Tristan Coopersmith alleged that Walk sexually harassed her during her time working with Walk at Columbia Records. She detailed instances of his unwanted sexual advances from inappropriate touching to making lewd comments about her body and describing sexual fantasies he'd had about her.
One day later, Walk was placed on leave and an investigation was launched.
"Republic Records is committed to a safe workplace environment where employees are treated fairly and respectfully", the company said in a statement. "We have retained an outside law firm to conduct an independent investigation of this matter and have encouraged anyone who has relevant information to speak to the firm's investigators. Mr. Walk has been placed on leave, and will remain in leave for the duration of the investigation."
The Four airs Thursday nights at 8/7c on Fox.