A fire tore through a section of Italy's famous Cinecitta film studios on Thursday at around 10 pm, partly destroying the set for HBO's now-defunct Rome, which was once touted by the cabler as the largest standing film set in the world. Doused overnight by firefighters, the blaze resulted in no injuries, and most of the studio complex was unaffected. A studio rep speculates to the AP that the fire may have been caused by an electrical short circuit. An investigation is ongoing.
(Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS.)