Day 5 of the Rio Olympics features the men's gymnastics all-around, with history on the line for Kohei Uchimura, and one helluva battle in the pool. Here's the big stuff you should keep an eye out for on Wednesday, Aug. 10 (all times ET).
Gymnastics, men's all-around final
When: 3:00 p.m. (live); 8:00 p.m. (tape delay)
Reigning champ Kohei Uchimura of Japan will try to be the first man to defend the all-around title since his countryman Sawao Kato did it 44 years ago. Sam Mikulak is the U.S.' best shot for a medal.
Swimming, men's 100-meter freestyle final
When: 10:03 p.m.
The glamour event of swimming should be a fierce battle between defending champ Nathan Adrian, who became the first American to win this race since 1988 in London, and Aussie Cameron McEvoy, who has posted the fastest time in the 100m this year. Adrian edged McEvoy's teammate, James Magnussen, by one-hundredth of a second four years ago. Adrian is the top qualifier; McEvoy, third.
Basketball, men's preliminary game — United States vs. Australia
When: 6:00 p.m.
The Aussies will pose the first big test for Team USA, with NBA champs Andrew Bogut, Patty Mills and Matthew Dellavedova all playing for Down Under.
Other medal events:
- Cycling, women's time trial (7:30 a.m.)
- Cycling, men's time trial (9:00 a.m.)
- Rowing, men's quadruple sculls (9:22 a.m.)
- Rowing, women's quadruple sculls (9:34 a.m.)
- Shooting, men's 50-meter pistol (11:00 a.m.)
- Canoe/kayak, men's kayak single (2:15 p.m.)
- Shooting, men's double trap (bronze medal match at 2:30 p.m.; gold medal match at 2:45 p.m.)
- Weightlifting, women's 69 kilogram (2:30 p.m.)
- Diving, men's synchronized 3-meter springboard (3:00 p.m.)
- Judo, women's 70 kilogram (bronze medal bouts at 3:26 p.m.; gold medal bout at 3:40 p.m.)
- Judo, men's 90 kilogram (bronze medal bouts at 3:47 p.m.; gold medal bout at 4:01 p.m.)
- Weightlifting, men's 77 kilogram (6:00 p.m.)
- Fencing, women's individual foil (bronze medal bout at 6:20 p.m.; gold medal bout at 7:15 p.m.)
- Fencing, men's individual sabre (bronze medal bout at 6:50 p.m.; gold medal bout at 7:45 p.m.)
- Table tennis, women's singles (bronze medal match at 7:30 p.m.; gold medal match at 8:30 p.m.)
- Swimming, men's 200-meter breaststroke (9:03 p.m.)
- Swimming, women's 200-meter butterfly (9:54 p.m.)
- Swimming, women's 4x200-meter freestyle relay (10:55 p.m.)