The 82nd Academy Awards drew its largest audience since 2005, capping off an awards season that saw ratings growth for every major awards show.Barbara Walters ' final Oscars special drew 15 million viewers, its biggest audience since 2002. The half-hour red carpet show drew its largest audience (25.1 million viewers) in three years.The Simpsons (4.9 million viewers) and Family Guy (5.6 million viewers) came in second for the night among 18-to-49-year-olds.CBS placed third in the demo, but drew the most viewers behind ABC. A new Amazing Race pulled in 8.5 million viewers, while repeats of Undercover Boss and Cold Case were watched by 6.5 million viewers and 5.4 million viewers, respectively.On NBC, a half-hour Dateline drew 6.1 million viewers at 8/7c. An airing of Bad Boys II covered the rest of the network's prime-time schedule, averaging 3 million viewers.
Add To WatchlistEdit WatchlistPremiered: Mar 31, 1992 Watchlist Premiered: May 1, 2005 Watchlist Premiered: Dec 17, 1989 Watchlist
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 2. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 3. A Blue Bloods Alum Is Headed to Manifest Season 2 as Ben's Ex
- 4. Everything We Know About Legacies Season 2
- 5. Dancing With the Stars Host Tom Bergeron Speaks Out Against Sean Spicer Casting Decision
- 6. What's New on Netflix in September
- 7. What's Leaving Netflix in September 2019