Peaches Geldof Peaches Geldof

A coroner ruled that Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose,BBC reports.

When Geldof was found dead in April, the police initially said the death as being treated as "unexplained," but a toxicology report soon revealed heroin in her system. Police found 6.9g of heroin in the house, but said there were no signs Geldof intended to take her life. Traces of codeine, methadone and morphine were also found in her blood.

The 25-year-old TV presenter had struggled with heroin addiction, but had been taking methadone for the two-and-a-half years leading up to her death. But according to her husband Tom Cohen, Geldof had begun using again in February.

Remember other celebrities we've lost this year

Cohen said he had witnessed her flushing drugs she had hidden in their apartment, but wasn't aware of any other substances in the house. He said she had taken weekly drug tests since seeking treatment two years ago, but that he now believes Geldof had lied about the tests being clear.

On April 7, Cohen found Geldof dead in their home, where she had been taking care of their 11-month-old daughter Phaedra. Her death bears a striking resemblance to that of her mother, Paula Yates, who died of an accidental heroin overdose while home alone with her daughter and Geldof's half-sister.