As the first Desperate Housewives star to speak out about Nicollette Sheridan's $20 million lawsuit against ABC and Marc Cherry, Eva Longoria Parker said Wednesday that she is "really confused about this whole thing."
Parker further told On Air with Ryan Seacrest: "I would love to see [former co-star Nicollette] to find out if everything's OK."
In the lawsuit filed Monday, Sheridan claimed Cherry, the show's executive producer, had physically assaulted her and that she was let go from the series after complaining about his behavior to the network.
Parker, 35, said Cherry "probably could not harm a fly," but acknowledged tension between him and Sheridan. "I know they did have a thing on-set, I guess it was a couple years ago," she said on Ryan Seacrest's radio show. "I wasn't on-set when it happened but apparently this incident had happened and she felt it was wrong ... honestly I wish I knew."
ABC Studios issued a statement after the suit was filed: "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."
Parker said she was not nearby at the time of the incident because she and Sheridan did not share many scenes together. Parker also said she hoped the lawsuit would not affect the series, currently in its sixth season.
"It's a big lawsuit. It's a big deal," Parker said. "I love the show so much, I would hate for anything to tarnish the reputation of the show."