... to see
Slither, which arrives on DVD today. In fact, she was nice enough to e-mail me this list of reasons why you should sample the horror pic (costarring
Jenna, and written and directed by her crazy-lucky husband, James Gunn):
1. "It's a crowd-pleaser, fun to watch with a group of people."
2. "It is gross and gory, but not too scary. It kind of reminds me of The Fly in that way."
3. "It's funny! Funnier than most comedies. I would compare it to Pulp Fiction in the way that Pulp Fiction is hilarious but you still find it in the drama section at the video store. Slither will have you laughing out loud."
4. "The acting is better than in any horror movie I've seen this year. (And I'm not just saying that because I'm in it.)"
5. "The DVD extras are awesome, especially 'Meet Bill Pardy,' where the entire cast and crew roast Nathan Fillion. So great!"
6. "It won Highest Body Count at the Fangoria Chainsaw Awards - 104 killings in 104 minutes."
That last one alone sold me. (Need two more reasons? Read Maitland's three-and-a-half-star review and new FlickChick blog entry.) In closing, Jenna beams, "I really can't say enough good things about the movie. Rent it! Buy it! Netflix it!"