It's hard to believe, but it's less than a month until America's favorite paper company closes its doors for the last time. Not caught up on the current season of The Office? No problem! Since there is a full week to go before the final four episodes kick off next Thursday, April 25 at 9/8c, now is the perfect time for old fans to catch up on all the latest happenings in Scranton so that they can properly enjoy the show's highly anticipated conclusion. Here is what every fan needs to squeeze in before the end (that's what she said):
1. "New Guys" — How did Andy (Ed Helms) get his job back at Dunder Mifflin after getting canned last season? What the heck happened to Kelly (Mindy Kaling) and Ryan (B.J. Novak)? (And James Spader's Robert California, for those who care.) Who are these new hires everyone keeps calling "New Jim" and "New Pete"? You'll get all those answers here in this masterful Season 9 premiere episode written and directed by the man who originally brought The Office across the pond and into American homes, original showrunner Greg Daniels.
2. "Andy's Ancestry" — Pam (Jenna Fischer) thinks Jim (John Krasinski) is having an affair! Jim is hiding a big secret from her! Basically, this pretty much signifies the beginning of the end of the world for diehard "Jam" fans, but it's necessary viewing for anyone (read: everyone) who needs to catch up on their major Season 9 arc from the beginning. On the bright side, watching Erin (Ellie Kemper) try to learn Game of Thrones' Dothraki language is pretty much one of the most adorable things ever.
3. "Customer Loyalty" — If you didn't see this episode in late January, this is the half-hour that made The Office essential watercooler fodder once again. Just as Jim and Pam hit a major rough patch in their relationship, a mysterious man named Brian reaches out a helping hand to the former Ms. Beasley. But why is Brian so important? And why is it such a big deal that he tried to help her out? We've already said too much! (Warning: We recommend having some tissues nearby.)
4. "Promos" — "Will you guys let me know if this ever airs?" Those were Michael Scott (Steve Carell)'s final words to the documentary crew when his character moved to Colorado in Season 7. Two years later, here's hoping someone in Scranton still has the world's best boss on speed dial. In this episode, the first promos for the nine-part documentary on the branch, The Office: An American Workplace, are unveiled. Not only is it fun to watch the employees freak out over how much the crew caught on tape, but it's hard not to smile when some of Michael's best moments pop up on the screen.
5. "Stairmageddon" — Jim and Pam's escalating marital troubles — which hits another crescendo — make their love triangles of Seasons 2 and 3 look like child's play. Just as Jim and Pam are trying to salvage their marriage, Angela's husband, the Senator (Jack Coleman), shares some very surprising news. This episode also introduces Roseanne Barr, who plays an important role in Andy's future.
The Office returns with new episodes next Thursday at 9/8c on NBC. Are you ready for the end?