Melissa McCarthy has broken her silence on critic Rex Reed's insults about her weight — and she's taking the high road.The New York Times, McCarthy responded for the first time to the harsh weight comments Reed wrote in his Identity Thief review for The New York Observer in February. The review was riddled with insults, including calling McCarthy "tractor-sized," a "female hippo" and "a gimmick comedian who has devoted her short career to being obese and obnoxious with equal success."While McCarthy's initial reaction to the review was, "Really?" followed by, "Why would someone OK that?" she explained that she didn't take the criticism to heart. "I felt really bad for someone who is swimming in so much hate," McCarthy said. "I just thought, that's someone who's in a really bad spot, and I am in such a happy spot. I laugh my head off every day with my husband and my kids who are mooning me and singing me songs."The Heat noticeably (and quite poorly) digitally slimmed down the star's face and neck. McCarthy has not commented on The Heat poster.
- 1. The Baudelaires Meet Lemony Snicket in the Official A Series of Unfortunate Events Season 3 Trailer
- 2. What Do the Stranger Things 3 Episode Titles Mean?
- 3. Critics Choice TV Awards 2019 Nominations: See the Full List
- 4. Dirty John's Veronica Newell Is the Unapologetic Bad Bitch You Need to See This Season
- 5. Counterpart Creator Teases Quayle's 'Luck Will Soon Run Out'
- 6. Outlander's David Berry Admits John Grey May Always Carry a Torch for Jamie
- 7. Netflix Reveals Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Titles