Entertainer Calvert DeForest, perhaps best known for the "Larry 'Bud' Melman" character he played on David Letterman's late-night NBC and CBS talk shows off and on for some 20 years, died on Monday, at age 85. Says Letterman in a statement, "Everyone always asked if Calvert was an actor playing a character, but in reality he was just himself - a genuine, modest and nice man. He was a beloved part of our show, and we will miss him."
Add To WatchlistEdit WatchlistPremiered: Jun 23, 1980 Watchlist TV talk-show host, Comedy writer, Comedian, Television producer Watchlist Watchlist
- 1. George Takei Is Headed to AMC's The Terror
- 2. NBC Sets Premiere Dates for John Legend's Season of The Voice and Much More
- 3. Poll: Who Will Win The Voice Season 15?
- 4. Justice for Chris Parnell, the Best Supporting Chris
- 5. Hail Satan, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Is Renewed Through Season 4
- 6. Fresh Prince Star Alfonso Ribeiro Sues Fortnite for Stealing Carlton Dance
- 7. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jimmy Fallon Put a Holiday Spin on Ariana Grande and Cardi B Hits