Someone better slip Paula Abdul a Xanax: American Idol frontrunner Mario Vazquez has abruptly dropped out of the competition. In an exclusive interview with TVGuide.com Sunday night, Vazquez said he quit to "take care of some personal issues with my family in New York. And with Idol being a live show, it just wouldn't have worked out schedule-wise." The 27-year-old added that his withdrawal had nothing to do with Idol or Fox. "I'm healthy, I'm fine," he said. "It's just a personal family thing. My family is my top priority." Vazquez's coveted top 12 slot will be filled by Nikko Smith, who returns after being eliminated on last Wednesday's show.
- 1. NBC Sets Premiere Dates for John Legend's Season of The Voice and Much More
- 2. Poll: Who Will Win The Voice Season 15?
- 3. Justice for Chris Parnell, the Best Supporting Chris
- 4. Hail Satan, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Is Renewed Through Season 4
- 5. Fresh Prince Star Alfonso Ribeiro Sues Fortnite for Stealing Carlton Dance
- 6. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jimmy Fallon Put a Holiday Spin on Ariana Grande and Cardi B Hits
- 7. Someone's Got a New Wife on The Big Bang Theory