Brace yourselves, Hannibal fans.
The network announced Monday that it will not be moving forward with the critically loved but little-watched drama from executive producer Bryan Fuller. The show's current third season, set to wrap up in August, will be its last.
"We have been tremendously proud of Hannibal over its three seasons," the network said in a statement. "Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television -- broadcast or cable. We thank Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made Hannibal an incredible experience for audiences around the world."
Fuller was gracious in his own statement regarding the news, and also hinted that the show might find a home elsewhere. (Fuller had previously told TVGuide.com that there had been interest during previous down-to-the-wire decisions by NBC.)
"NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancellation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers," Fuller said. "Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC's table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC."