People love to debate the merits of Rory's (Alexis Bledel) romantic partners on Gilmore Girls. But while they're busy running their mouths about Dean vs. Jess vs. Logan, they're missing what's right in front of their face: Rory's OTP isn't a philandering mechanic, a sensitive bad boy or a trust fund baby. It's Paris (Liza Weil).
Sure, they've had their ups and downs over the years, but what relationships hasn't? Here are 17 reasons that prove Paris and Rory are each other's soul mates.
1. They already fight like an old married couple.
2. But they can never stay mad at each other.
3. Paris already loves Rory's entire family.
4. Maybe a little too much sometimes.
5. They share the same priorities.
6. And aren't afraid to try new things together.
7. Paris can keep up with all of Rory's quips and references.
8. They just *get* each other.
9. Paris always says what Rory thinks.
10. And Rory says what Paris is too oblivious to notice.
11. They'll always be there for each other.
12. Even when things get messy.
13. Paris will stand up for Rory when she won't do it herself.
14. And Rory brings out the softer side of Paris (sometimes).
15. They always keep it real — even during times of grief.
16. Or times of stress.
17. Because boyfriends come and go, but Paris and Rory's friendship is forever.