A&E drew its largest audience in its 22-year history 5.9 million viewers with the Monday premiere of Flight 93, based on the story of the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania on 9/11 after passengers fought back against terrorist hijackers. "There are plenty of great documentaries about [9/11], but a well-done drama is extremely powerful," A&E programming chief Robert DeBitetto tells Variety. "We deserve kudos for having the bravery to be the first network to offer a dramatic expression of what happened that day."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Sabrina's Kiernan Shipka Will Star In a Netflix Holiday Rom-Com From John Green
- 2. How to Watch the Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Premiere Red Carpet
- 3. Riverdale Is Doing Another Musical - And Yes, Jughead Is Singing!
- 4. Amazon Prime's February Line-Up Features Jordan Peele's Lorena Bobbitt Docuseries and More
- 5. American Vandal's Melvin Gregg Stars in Netflix B-Ball Drama Movie High Flying Bird
- 6. 2018-2019 TV Scorecard: Which Shows Are Canceled? Which Are Renewed?
- 7. Grey's Anatomy's Sandra Oh and Kevin McKidd Had a Moment After the Golden Globes