The panel consisted of cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Danay Garcia, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, Austin Amelio, Rubén Blades, and Karen David, along with chief content officer of The Walking Dead Universe, Scott M. Gimple, showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, executive producers Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, and Greg Nicotero, and director and co-executive producer Michael Satrazemis. They all teased as much as they could about the upcoming episode. Here's everything we gathered!
1. The show returns sooner than you think: Moderator Chris Hardwick kicked off the panel by announcing that Fear the Walking Dead will return for the second half of the season on Sunday, Aug. 11 at 9/8c.
2. The Season 5B trailer was released: Watch it above.
3. Fear the Walking Dead has also been renewed!: Scott M. Gimple announced the show is officially returning for Season 6!
4. We got new details about the third Walking Dead show: While fans have had glimpses of other people who survived the apocalypse, Gimple opened up a little bit more about the third The Walking Dead series that was announced in April. The new show will focus on characters that grew up in a "first world situation" compared to everyone else we've seen in the universe so far.
"These kids could stay where they grew up, in this place of comfort and security, but they leave their home to risk everything for a quest while they are pursued by adult friends on a quest of their own," he said. "We will see some of these kids become heroes and others become villains."
5. You'll get a better idea of the series at the end of the month: Gimple revealed that some visuals and more details about the new show will be coming out on July 29 and this will give fans a much better idea of what to expect from this new kind of Walking Dead series.
6. Could Alicia find love?: A fan-submitted question from Twiiter inquired if Debnam-Carey thinks Alicia is ready for a relationship. The actress said not yet, but she had some thoughts on what Alicia's potential future partner should be like.
"I think she's never felt particularly safe since everything fell apart... She's always felt like she had to be a protector and that's how she wound up in the role she's in currently," Debnam-Carey said. "I'd like to see that. It'd be nice to see her have some happiness in her future in a world that's not just all guts, blood and killing. It'd be nice to see some light."
7. Season 5, Episode 9 is going to be a bit different: Executive producer Ian Goldberg teased that Episode 9, the midseason premiere, will be shot documentary-style with footage from other people besides Al (Grace) who have been filming how everyone has been surviving. The episode will help catch everyone up with where the crew is after the events of the midseason finale.
Fear the Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9/8c on AMC.
Editor's Note: A previous version of this story indicated that a third series being in development was new information. It is not.