Now that a British biographer has outed rocker Bob Dylan's "secret family," his close-mouthed ex-wife finally is speaking out. As was exposed in Howard Sounes's Down the Highway: The Life of Bob Dylan, Dylan was wed to former backup-singer Carol Dennis from 1986 to 1992 and the two share a daughter, Desiree Gabrielle Dennis-Dylan. (Thanks to California law, the Dylans were able to keep their union a secret by sealing their marriage certificate from public record.) Sounding off in a statement, Dennis said: "Bob and I made a choice to keep our marriage a private matter for a simple reason to give our daughter a normal childhood. To portray Bob as 'hiding his daughter' is just malicious and ridiculous. That is something he would never do. Bob has been a wonderful, active father to Desiree."
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 2. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 3. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 4. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 5. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act
- 6. Queer Eye's Karamo Brown Reveals How He Gets That Emotional Breakthrough With Each 'Hero'
- 7. Aidy Bryant Takes Us Behind Filming Shrill's Empowering Fat Babe Pool Party