Join or Sign In
Sign in to customize your TV listings
Let. Prentiss. Have. Her. Man.
Criminal Minds is coming to an end after 15 seasons and over 300 episodes. That's a lot of murder, crime solving and drama for a series to have tackled. Right now, the creative team are writing the series' final 10 episodes, which will air during the next TV season on CBS.
What ground could the BAU possibly have left to cover? Well, it turns out we have a handful of things we'd really like to see the show tackle in its last episodes. Of course we want to see the team happy and know that they'll lead fruitful lives, whether they're solving murder cases or not, but there are some specific loose ends that need tying up and bucket list items we want to happen before Criminal Minds says goodbye (except for the constant reruns).
Discover your new favorite show: Watch This Now!
1. Confirmation of J.J.'s confession: Season 14 ended with an emotional bombshell that J.J. (A.J. Cook) may or may not be in love with Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler). The problem is, we don't know if she actually meant it or if she was just making something up to appease the trigger-happy unsub waving a gun at her face. It is the biggest unanswered question we have going into the finale and could potentially disrupt the chemistry of the entire team. Considering the magnitude of the confession, we're going to need the show's hiatus to determine which way we want it to go, because we're still a bit mixed up about it, to be honest.
2. Prentiss gets her romantic happily ever after: Of all the people who can't catch a break on this team, Prentiss (Paget Brewster) is at the top. Season 14 gave her Andrew Mendoza (Stephen Bishop), an FBI agent who teamed up with the BAU for a couple of cases. We've only got little bits of their fledgling relationship, but Prentiss finally has someone in her life who understands her job and seems to make her happy. Let's make it official so we know she has someone to kick it with once she stops hunting down murderers.
3. Returning guest stars: Erica Messer already confirmed that Season 15 will feature a lot of Will LaMontagne (Josh Stewart) and see a return from Reid's mom (Jane Lynch), but with only 10 episodes, we want to see as many familiar faces as possible. Ben Savage as young Gideon perhaps? Or maybe the return of great unsubs like Floyd Feylinn Ferrell (Jamie Kennedy) or The Reaper (C. Thomas Howell)? (OK, he's dead, but flashbacks are a thing.)
4. Garcia out in the field: Garcia's (Kirsten Vangsness) limited experience out in the field hasn't been that great -- she either gets shot or kidnapped -- but there's time to change that! She's the wizard behind the computer screens, but it'd be great to see her take down an unsub for herself without the risk of PTSD afterwards.
5. Simmons and his wife get birth control: We never want to trample on someone else's happiness, but the couple are now expecting their fifth kid. That's five children. That's so many kids on a government employee's salary. What if there is another government shutdown? We say this out of worry!
6. We'll let the GIF say it:
Okay, we'll elaborate a little bit more.
Criminal Minds returns next TV season on CBS.
(Disclosure: TV Guide is owned by CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation)