The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra has scrapped a Dukes of Hazzard-themed July show featuring drop-bys from John Schneider and Tom Wopat, because some community members find the classic TV series - which costars a Confederate-flag-emblazoned car - racist and offensive. "It's a huge shock to me that in this day and age, people could be so narrow-minded," Schneider tells the Associated Press, adding that those in charge should examine "their knee-jerk reactions to someone else's prejudice and bigotry." The Pops, which consulted with a head-shaking NAACP, says in a statement, "We decided that some of the messages conveyed in the program are not consistent with [our] efforts to reach out to all [people]." Besides, they thought they'd be getting Jessica in a bikini.
- 1. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 2. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 3. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 4. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary
- 5. The Passage Will Show How Project Noah Got Started in Episode 2
- 6. Olicity Will Be a 'Force to Reckon With' When Arrow Returns
- 7. Netflix Is Rebooting Unsolved Mysteries, the OG True Crime Show