An upcoming near-death experience for Bones' Temperance Brennan will have her seeing things — including her dead mom!Melrose Place star Brooke Langton has been cast as Christine Brennan, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively. Astute viewers may recall that Brennan's mom — who was murdered two years after she and her bank-robbing husband Max (Ryan O'Neal) abandoned Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and her brother to go the run — was previously portrayed by Larisa Miller.Perhaps the recasting has to do with the fact that this time around, Brennan's mom doesn't appear in a flashback, but rather in the flesh before her daughter after a traumatic experience. "This near-death experience was a way for us to reintroduce [Brennan's] mother in a very personal way," executive producer Stephen Nathan tells us. "We get to see her mom and her relationship with her mother. What happened on the day her mother left? What was that last moment like for her and how has that affected her and made her who she is today?"Hart Hanson: ""There is one thing [Brennan] can't explain. She learns something in the after-death experience that she can't explain and that is troubling for her."In addition to her role as Samantha Reilly on Melrose, Langton has also recurred on such shows as Friday Night Lights and Life. She most recently guest-starred on The Mentalist. Bones airs Mondays at 8/7c on Fox. An airdate for Langton's episode has not yet been set.
- 1. Freeform Pokes Fun at Shadowhunters Fans for Trying to Save the Show
- 2. Matt Damon's Saturday Night Live Monologue Was a Heartfelt Toast to His Family
- 3. Chris Klein Deserves Our Attention Again
- 4. Donald Trump Apparently Did Not Like Saturday Night Live's Cold Open This Week
- 5. Pete Davidson Surfaces on Saturday Night Live After Scary Instagram Post
- 6. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 7. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name