Despite its RE-ANIMATOR-like appeal and interesting special make-up work, this low-budget adaptation of an H.P. Lovecraft short story went the direct-to-video route. Updating Lovecraft's 1923 story, the film sets the action in a small college town where two young couples decide to spend
the night in an ancient mansion. Rumor has it that in the 17th century, the house's owner, a warlock, was horribly murdered by an evil creature he kept chained in the attic. Looking to have some fun, the collegians enter the mansion, and, to their horror, find the legend is true.(Violence, adultsituations.)
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. So, About That Time Jason Momoa Sent a Game of Thrones Showrunner to the Hospital
- 2. Where Does The Magicians Go After That Shocking and Unexpected Death?
- 3. Netflix's Tuca & Bertie Trailer Looks like Broad City with Birds
- 4. Homecoming Offers a Rare Glimpse at a Vulnerable (But Still Superhuman) Beyoncé
- 5. Elmo Ends the Lannister Family Feud in This Sesame Street and Game of Thrones Crossover
- 6. This Game of Thrones Star Still Hasn't Watched the Whole Show
- 7. The Gifted and Rel Canceled at Fox