This charming Disney animated film details the lives of a young fox and a puppy who become close friends one summer. When the dog's owner, a mean hunter, takes him away for the winter, the fox and the hound expect to renew their friendship the following spring. When the hunter and the
hound return, however, the fox's former friend has become the man's favorite hunting dog. The dog saves the fox's life once but warns him to stay away if he doesn't want to be killed. Meanwhile, the fox has fallen for another young fox, Vixey. The hunter is determined to catch the fox; there is a
terrifying chase, but the tables turn when the dog is cornered by a large bear.
The animation here is better than average (veteran Disney animators Wolfgang Reitherman and Art Stevens supervised the talents of a new crop of artists that developed during a 10-year program at the studio), though not quite up to the quality of Disney Studios in its heyday. Still, this film has a
lot of "heart" and is wonderful entertainment for both kids and their parents. Listen for a number of favorites among the voices.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Bachelorette Men Tell All Recap: Lukey, You Have Some 'Splaining to Do
- 2. Love Island Recap: The Villa Welcomes 6 New Sexy Singles
- 3. The Cast of Criminal Minds Promises Answers After J.J.'s Finale Revelation
- 4. Follow the Love Island Cast on Instagram
- 5. Bellamy Delivers a Low Blow to Octavia in This Tense The 100 Sneak Peek
- 6. Netflix's Another Life Review: Katee Sackhoff's Return to Space Is Derivative Disappointment
- 7. Tina Majorino Says She Turned Down Veronica Mars Season 4 Due to Mac's 'Diminished Value'