Fairbanks and his pal McHugh are unemployed pilots fresh from the service. They're looking for work and meet fellow umemployment victim Davis wandering in Central Park. The trio decides to share an apartment to save money. Fairbanks takes a job as chauffeur for a racketeer's mistress
(Dodd), not knowing her real business. She flirts with him and eventually her lover Carrillo catches the two of them in an embrace. But Carrillo's impressed with Fairbanks' calm attitude when threatened with death and decides to hire the young man as a bodyguard. Carrillo becomes charmed by Davis'
southern accent and hires her as his secretary. The mobster discovers that his bodyguard is an expert pilot and dupes Fairbanks into flying narcotics runs. One day they're followed by government agents, and Fairbanks, believing the other plane to be piloted by hijackers, shoots it down. But he
discovers what his cargo is (he thought it was liquor) and threatens to quit. Carrillo points a gun at him and tells him more flights are in his future. When they're chased again Fairbanks manages to disarm his employer and dump the cargo. He lands safely and hands over Carrillo to the
authorities. His innocence is proved and all ends happily. This is a fairly exciting programmer with some good production values in the flying sequences. Newsreel and stock footage mixed in with the film makes a good effect. The acting is routine but passable. However, Davis hated this film (as
she did so much of her early work) and later had some artistic revenge. In the catty classic WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? (1962), her aging character watches a compilation of some old movies in which she starred. Among the footage is none other than PARACHUTE JUMPER.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Black Panther Is the First Superhero Movie Nominated for Best Picture – And You Can Stream It Right Now
- 2. What If Tracee Ellis Ross and Kumail Nanjiani Just Host the Damn Oscars?
- 3. Netflix Just Made History at the Oscars
- 4. Won't You Be My Neighbor Was Snubbed By the Oscars – and People Are Not Okay
- 5. Oscar Nominations 2019: See the Full List
- 6. Anthony Scaramucci Hopes Celebrity Big Brother Run Is Longer Than White House Job
- 7. The Bachelor Is a Beautiful Monster with a Tank of Rage