Unforgivably bad, painfully unfunny, and downright stupid, HEAD OFFICE tries to do to the corporate world what AIRPLANE did to the airlines. A needle in a haystack would be easier to find than a laugh in this film--which is surprising, considering that the cast includes such names as
DeVito, Moranis, Novello, Doyle-Murray, and Shawn. Reinhold, a recent business school graduate, goes to work in the public relations department of an international conglomerate called INC, headed by the profit-minded Albert. Reinhold soon meets a spunky blonde (Engler) with a gripe against the
company. INC is closing its operation in Allentown and is moving to Central America, where labor is much cheaper. As a result most of the citizens of tiny Allentown will lose their jobs. Nothing works in HEAD OFFICE, which probably explains why so many big-name comedians were included in the
project--to add some box office appeal. Fans of DeVito and Moranis will be bitterly disappointed. Not only is their work some of the worst they have ever done, but they are both killed within the first 20 minutes of the movie. Reinhold and Engler do the best they can with the script.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling's New Netflix Show Could Fill the One Day at a Time Void in Your Life
- 2. Last Man Standing Exclusive: Eve Gets Tough with the Baxters' Foreign Exchange Student
- 3. Hanna Review: Now This Is How You Turn a Movie Into a TV Series
- 4. Lizzy Caplan and Elsie Fisher Will Step Into a Stephen King Classic in Castle Rock Season 2
- 5. Everything to Know About The Sopranos Movie, Newark
- 6. Jane the Virgin Boss Previews Michael's Return: 'It Affects the Whole Season'
- 7. One Day at a Time and Sex Education Are Helping Immigrants and Their Queer Kids Bridge the Generational Gap