Another dull slasher movie (this one less gory than most), HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME is set in an exclusive boarding school where Virginia ("Little House on the Prairie" star Melissa Sue Anderson) is plagued by the thought that she may be responsible for the horrible murders of her
classmates. She turns to a psychiatrist (Glenn Ford) for help, but he's not of much use since his appearance in the film is merely a brief cameo. Director J. Lee Thompson, best known for his seemingly endless series of vigilante films starring Charles Bronson, gives a slick but unimaginative sheen
to the familiar proceedings. He does manage to evoke some chills in the climax, when the corpses of all of Virginia's victims attend a grotesque birthday party.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Dallas Star Ken Kercheval Dead at 83
- 2. Taraji P Henson and Terrence Howard Write Letter Campaigning for Jussie Smollett's Return for Empire Season 6
- 3. 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' Is Game of Thrones' Best Episode Ever
- 4. Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen Are Still United in These Game of Thrones Episode 3 Photos
- 5. The CW Renews The 100, All American, In the Dark, and Roswell, New Mexico
- 6. If These Game of Thrones Characters Die, We Riot
- 7. Riverdale Sneak Peek: How Far Will the Joneses Go to Save Jellybean?