Norris again fails to find a niche for his limited talent in this cross between RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and a buddy picture. Norris and his buddy, Gossett, are hired by Anderson to help her locate a fabulous treasure-filled Aztec temple that an old map shows to be nearby. Their early
explorations uncover an old Indian, who sends them farther south, where they encounter the usual perils of hostile Indians and crocodiles. There was some potential in this film, and Gossett should have been just the actor to offset Norris' usual wooden delivery. Instead of the witty, intelligent
script needed to pull off an interracial buddy story, however, the scenario for this film is an obvious lift from RAIDERS and a flat, uninteresting piece of writing, occasionally interspersed with embarrassingly sappy affirmations of friendship. Production values are generally slick, with the
exception of the temple set, which is appallingly bad.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. GLOW Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Netflix
- 2. Who Will Win Big Brother 21 – and Who Should Win?
- 3. Emmys 2019: How to Watch, Who's Nominated, And Everything Else to Know
- 4. The Crown Season 3 Teaser Introduces Olivia Colman's Queen
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Best Firsts, Most Vicious Memes, and the Gratuitous Abs Display
- 6. Prodigal Son Review: Tom Payne and Michael Sheen Ham Up This Serial Killer Thriller
- 7. Simone Missick on Why Her All Rise Role Is a Political Statement