Awful disaster movie that combined the worst elements of soap opera with special effects (bad matte paintings and the ridiculous "Sensurround")--featuring an "all-star" cast that should have stayed home and waited for a real earthquake. Heston stars as a building executive who is married
to boss Greene's bitchy daughter Gardner. His mistress is Bujold, whose husband was killed in a building accident on a construction site where Heston had assigned him. After too much of this drivel, the earthquake hits, killing most of the cast. The highly touted "Sensurround" was nothing more
than a low-frequency sound process that made the theater seem to rumble during the earthquake footage. Its most dramatic effect was to drown out the soundtracks in adjoining theaters in shopping mall complexes, oddly enough it earned the film an Academy Award for Best Sound. The picture was also
nominated for Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction and Best Film Editing.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Evil Recap: David's Father Has an Unsettling Connection to the Mystery of 'the 60'
- 2. Supernatural Resurrected an Old Foe to Stir Up Trouble for Sam and Dean
- 3. Legacies Boss Breaks Down That Major Vardemus Twist
- 4. Grey's Anatomy's 350th Episode Was an Emotional Trip Down Memory Lane
- 5. The Good Place Reveals Who Won the Experiment
- 6. Legacies' Kaylee Bryant Talks Kai Parker's Return in Season 2
- 7. CBS Defends Survivor Producers After Backlash Over Sexual Harassment