This entertaining quickie from Roger Corman could have been called "The Hood Who Cried Sea Monster." American criminal Carbone helps some loyalists escape from a revolution-torn Caribbean island with a cargo of cash. Blinded by greed, he kills the fleeing men and blames their deaths on a
legendary sea monster. Nobody buys his explanation, however, until a real sea monster starts chomping up everyone in sight. CREATURE FROM THE HAUNTED SEA was made in the Corman tradition--quick and cheap--and employs the same cast and crew as two previous island films, THE BATTLE OF BLOOD ISLAND
and LAST WOMAN ON EARTH. Corman trivia buffs may be interested to know that Monte Hellman (TWO LANE BLACKTOP) directed the precredits sequence and that screenwriter Robert Towne (CHINATOWN, TEQULIA SUNRISE) appears as an actor under the pseudonym Edward Wain, one of two films in which he acted
(LAST WOMAN ON EARTH, 1960, was the other).
- 1. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 2. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name
- 3. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 4. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 5. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 6. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 7. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed