Violent, no-frills thriller that's simply loaded with testosterone.
With his marriage on the rocks, former commando Ted Andrews (Gary Busey) takes his yacht to Australia to sell. But the vessel is instead commandeered by international mercenary Jack Wilcox (Ray Sharkey) with Andrews' two kids still on board. Our dogged hero reconciles with his wife (Belinda Bauer)
and sets off to retrieve their kids, and face off against Wilcox. They eventually meet in a bloody, hand-to-hand confrontation.
The film was shot in Greece and South Africa. Due to the distributor's financial problems, it sat on a shelf for a few years until it had a brief theatrical release in Miami and was quietly dumped onto home video. In the meantime, Busey nearly died from a head injury incurred when his motorcycle
wiped out while he wasn't wearing protective headgear. It s interesting to note that Busey rides a hog helmetless at the start of ACT OF PIRACY. (Graphic violence, profanity.)
Cast & Details See all »
- Released: 1988
- Rating: R
- Review: Violent, no-frills thriller that's simply loaded with testosterone. With his marriage on the rocks, former commando Ted Andrews (Gary Busey) takes his yacht to Australia to sell. But the vessel is instead commandeered by international mercenary Jack Wilco… (more)
- 1. Everything We Know About the Arrowverse's (Potential) Batwoman Spin-Off
- 2. Where to Watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- 3. OMFG, Is Diggle About to Become the Green Lantern on Arrow?
- 4. Sophia Bush Calls Out One Tree Hill Producers for Taking Advantage of Cast's Personal Lives
- 5. Ellen Pompeo Says She Hasn't Spoken to Patrick Dempsey Since He Left Grey's Anatomy
- 6. Power Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 7. Attention Millennials: Kenan and Kel Are Down for a Good Burger Sequel