Violent, downbeat revenge western set in the Southwestern desert at the close of the Civil War. A group of rebel soldiers commanded by Hamilton escapes from prison and, with the kidnapped Stevens as bait, lures Union officer Ford into a trap. Phil Karlson's direction is uninspired; Ford
is fine in his stoic role, but the film suffers from weaker secondary characters intended as comic relief. Baer, better remembered as the idiotic Jethro from the television show "The Beverly Hillbillies," is little different here. Also appearing in minor roles are Harrison Ford and cult favorite
Harry Dean Stanton, here under the name "Dean Stanton." Shot on location in Utah's Zion National Park and the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area along the Arizona-Utah border. Roger Corman was the film's original director, but B-movie specialist Karlson took over a few weeks into the production.
Also replaced after the initial production work was the film's original editor, Monte Hellman, director of such fine films as THE SHOOTING and TWO-LANE BLACKTOP.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Most-Watched Netflix Originals, By the Numbers
- 2. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide
- 3. Dani Cares for Bright After an Accidental Drug Trip in Prodigal Son Sneak Peek
- 4. Helena Bonham Carter Will Not Take a Backseat to Olivia Colman in The Crown Season 3 Trailer
- 5. Best TV of the Decade: The Shows, Moments, and Trends That Defined the 2010s
- 6. The 25 Best Shows of the Decade
- 7. FX and FXX Had the Best Decade of Any Networks