Britain born, Sheridan moved to the U.S. to be a model in the early 1980s but soon began acting. She had a handful of small TV and film roles under her belt when she rocketed to stardom as a manipulative beauty on the prime-time soap Knots Landing in 1986. Real-life romances with Scott Baio, Michael Bolton and a brief marriage to Harry Hamlin served to keep her in the tabloids. After the series ended in 1993, Sheridan continued to work, mostly in TV-movies. But she returned to the spotlight as a serial divorcée on Desperate Housewives in 2004. When not working, Sheridan is an avid equestrian.
- Mother Sally lived with (and had a son by) actor Telly Savalas for much of Sheridan's childhood.
- Met former teen idol Leif Garrett when she was 15 and later lived with him in his mother's home; the two dated for six years.
- An avid equestrian, she began riding at the age of 3.
- Was named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in the 1990 inaugural edition of the annual feature.
- Caused some commotion when she appeared in a 2004 Monday Night Football promotional skit with the Philadelphia Eagles' Terrell Owens. Clad only in a towel and a come-hither grin, she raised the ire of the FCC by dropping the towel and leaving the rest up to viewers' imaginations.
- Edie Britt, the character she portrayed on the hugely successful ABC comedy-drama Desperate Housewives, was killed off in the fifth season of the series' run.
- 2005, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2006, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2004, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Winner
- 2005, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Arthur — Father
- Niklas Soderblom — Ex-fiancé
- Nick Savalas — Half Brother
- Sally Sheridan — Mother
- Aaron Phypers — Husband (separated)
- Harry Hamlin — Ex-husband
- Leif Garrett — Ex-significant Other
- Michael Bolton — Ex-fiancé
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Joe Pesci Guides Robert De Niro Through Mafia Initiation in Final The Irishman Trailer
- 2. Stop Everything, Warner Bros. Is Auctioning Off All the Best Friends Props
- 3. Chicago P.D.'s Jesse Lee Soffer Teases Halstead's 'Possible Murder' in Bloody Finale
- 4. Dancing with the Stars Broke Our Hearts with an Emotional Semi-Finals
- 5. Netflix and David Fincher Developing a Chinatown Prequel Series
- 6. How to Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- 7. Lord of the Rings TV Series Gets Early Season 2 Renewal