Starz's Power is dark, gritty and pretty heavy at times, but there's been one constant to lighten things up: the vibrant jackets!
The drama, currently in its second season, stars Omari Hardwick as a nightclub owner who doubles as a drug kingpin to elite clientele. And while we understand the need to cover up — it takes place in sometimes chilly New York City, after all — we couldn't help but notice the stellar outerwear from Ghost (Hardwick), his wife Tasha (Naturi Naughton) and his fresh-out-of-jail former mentor Kanan (50 Cent).
Check out nine times Power stepped up its jacket game this season.
1. Episode 1: For a guy who just got out of prison, Kanan sure has a spiffy (and pricey) wardrobe. According to this website, Kanan's black and white bomber jacket is nearly 1,000 bucks! Probably a poor color choice though for a cold-blooded killer.
2. Episode 6: OK, this one on Tasha is a fur vest, but it's still outerwear. Either way, it's the perfect contrast to the royal blue sweatshirt underneath.
3. Episode 2: There's just something about an image of rapper 50 Cent in a red, studded leather jacket with an Native American headdress print on the back.
4. Episode 6: Angela (Lela Loren) tends to stay buttoned-up as an assistant U.S. attorney, but this black belted wool coat is just gorgeous.
5. Episode 2: This long leather coat is a bit more understated than the others.
6. Episode 10: Ghost might be the most impeccably dressed drug lord there is, and this charcoal tweed coat does not disappoint.
7. Episode 3: Kanan's brown suede shearling bomber jacket has become his signature look.
8. Episode 4: While at work in his nightclub, Ghost always stands out with his shiny blue suit!
9. Episode 4: Even Tommy (Joseph Sikora), seen here in black and gray plaid, has some style every now and again.
Power airs on Saturdays at 9/8c on Starz.