Carnie Wilson says she has learned to take care of her health after undergoing her second weight-loss surgery in almost 13 years.Today show. "I'm laying the groundwork for myself, for my future."Wilson, who lost 150 pounds via gastric bypass in August 1999, underwent lap-band surgery in January after gaining back two-thirds of the weight and learning last year that she was borderline diabetic. In the procedure, a silicone gastric band is placed around the top portion of the stomach to treat obesity by reducing the amount of food consumed. Since undergoing the surgery, Wilson cut sugar and flour out of her diet and has lost more than 30 pounds. Wilson Phillips: Still Holding On. In the premiere, she reveals to her fellow bandmates, her sister Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips, that she's decided to undergo the lap-band surgery four weeks before their comeback tour is scheduled to kick off. (The trio's new album, Dedicated, hit stores Tuesday.)Wilson Phillips: Still Holding On premieres Sunday at 9/8c on TV Guide Network.Watch Wilson's interview below:
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves