Amanda Bynes Amanda Bynes

On Tuesday, Amanda Bynes will be in court to face charges in her bong-throwing arrest from May. It's a far cry from where the former Nickelodeon star was just six years ago, when her career seemed full of promise after charming turns in She's the Man, Hairspray and Sydney White.

But in recent years — or more specifically, in the past 12 months — the 27-year-old's behavior has gone from odd to bizarre to downright alarming at times between her legal woes, strange appearances and crazy tweets. Here's a timeline:

Infographics: Is Amanda Bynes more scandalous than Kim Kardashian?

The biggest celeb feuds

Check out Amanda Bynes and other child stars gone bad

Aug. 9, 2013: Bynes' doctors extend her psychiatric hold for another 30 days. A judge can only grant such an order if the patient is "gravely disabled as a result of a mental disorder."Bynes' mother Lynn is also granted conservatorship, givng her the power to decide where Bynes lives and control of her $3 million fortune.

Sept. 30, 2013 Upon doctors' recommendation, Bynes was transferred from UCLA Medical Center to receive "specialized treatment in a private facility outside of Los Angeles."

December 2013-June 2014 Bynes' fortunes appeared to be on the upswing. After being released from treatment to live with her parents, she started to get her life in order. She pleaded no contest in her initial DUI case stemming from 2012, and although she was put on three years of probation, she avoided jail time. In the spring she resurfaced on Twitter with a very innocuous tweet that announced she was studying at FIDM, the Fashion Institute for Design & Merchandising. Finally, that summer, her bong-throwing case was thrown out because Bynes had obeyed judge's orders to attend counseling twice a week and stay out of legal trouble.

Sept. 28, 2014 Bynes went back to her erratic behavior when she stopped her car in the middle of a Los Angeles intersection, and the California Highway Patrol determined that she was driving under the influence of a drug and booked her for her second DUI.

Oct. 10, 2014 After a series of bizarre tweets during which she accused her father of sexual molestation and then later recanted and blamed the posts on a microchip implanted in her brain, Bynes was placed in an involuntary psychiatric hold by her parents and taken to a Pasadena hospital where she will be held a minimum of 72 hours.

Oct. 30, 2014 Bynes was released from the hospital days after a judge extended her psychiatric hold to a month. Hours later, she was reportedly seen talking to herself and took to Twitter the next day to blast her family, including resurrecting the claims against her father, whom she called a sexual predator. Bynes was due in court on Oct. 31 to regain control of her finances from her mother, who had been granted conservatorship again.