Since Supernatural premiered 10 years ago, the show has faced comparisons to The X-Files. But rather than hide from them, the CW drama lovingly embraced them, even going so far as to have Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) fight over who would be Scully (Gillian Anderson) and who would be Mulder (David Duchovny). And for the first time ever, Supernatural and The X-Files will be on air at the same time beginning this winter - and we can't wait! Because as they say, double the paranormal investigators, double the fun.
In honor of Supernatural's 11th season and The X-Files' 10th, check out all the things the two shows have in common below:
1. Both feature a nerdy, research-based partner.
2. And a more roguish, goofy partner.
3. Together, the duos investigate monster-of-the-week stories ...
4. ...while taking on a larger, mythological threat.
5. Mulder and Sam are both driven by the loss of a loved one.
6. People are always confusing the two leads for being romantically involved.
7. The Lone Gunmen = The Ghostfacers.
8. They pretty much have the same cast.
A lot of the episodes even have striking similarities, including when...
9. Sam and Mulder both wake up covered in blood with no memory of what happened.
10. They come across fictionalized versions of themselves - and hate it.
11. They encounter an extremely violent family with a history of inbreeding.
12. They get stuck in a time loop where one of them always dies.
13. And of course, that time this happened.
Supernatural returns Wednesday at 9/8c on The CW.
(Full disclsoure: TVGuide.com is owned by CBS, one of The CW's parent companies.)