Brian Williams' fate has been decided.

According to a report from CNNMoney's Brian Stelter, Williams will be kept at NBC when his suspension is over. Though details of his new role are unclear, the report said a "tentative agreement" had been established and that Williams would not return to anchor Nightly News.

The resolution would end the monthslong drama after Williams was suspended for six months for exaggerating - or fabricating - his experiences while reporting in the field, and speculation that he would depart NBC entirely.

Earlier this year, Williams was found to have misrepresented multiple field assignments beyond his initial fabrication about being in a U.S. military helicopter in Iraq in 2003 that he said was shot down by enemy fire. He was actually more than an hour behind the chopper that was forced down.

Allison Williams breaks silence on Brian Williams controversy

Williams told the fabricated story during multiple promotional appearances, including on The Late Show with David Letterman.

He also claimed to have been in Tahrir Square during the 2011 uprisings there, where he told Jon Stewart during an interview on The Daily Show that he made eye contact with a menacing thug on horseback. He was in fact reporting from a balcony overlooking the square.

Lester Holt has been filling in for Williams since February. During that time, NBC Nightly News has slipped in the ratings, giving ABC's World News with David Muir taking the win for several weeks among viewers 25-54 and total viewers.

Still, The Wall Street Journal reports that Holt will be named Nightly News' permanent anchor.

An announcement about the details of Williams' placement is expected Thursday, with possibilities including a spot at MSNBC or even a reporter position.