Born in a small Canadian town, Durance moved to Vancouver in her twenties to pursue acting. After appearing in a handful of films (including the 2003 horror flick House of the Dead, which costarred her future husband David Palffy) and landing guest spots on a number of TV series (including sci-fi favorites Stargate SG-1 and Andromeda), the stunning starlet joined the cast of Smallville in 2004 as Superman's brainy match, Lois Lane.
- Grew up on a turkey farm.
- Appeared in commercials for Kokanee Beer as a "Glacier Girl."
- Began her acting career in horror movies and on sci-fi series.
- Her favorite episodes of Smallville are "Lucy" and "Spirit."
- Met husband David Palffy while taking acting classes in Vancouver.
- Gail Durance — Mother
- Joel Durance — Father
- David Palffy — Husband
- Birth Place: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Birthday: June 21, 1978, Gemini
- Profession: Actor
- User Rating:
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2