Born in a small Canadian town, Durance moved to Vancouver in her twenties to pursue acting. After appearing in a handful of films (including the 2003 horror flick House of the Dead, which costarred her future husband David Palffy) and landing guest spots on a number of TV series (including sci-fi favorites Stargate SG-1 and Andromeda), the stunning starlet joined the cast of Smallville in 2004 as Superman's brainy match, Lois Lane.
- Grew up on a turkey farm.
- Appeared in commercials for Kokanee Beer as a "Glacier Girl."
- Began her acting career in horror movies and on sci-fi series.
- Her favorite episodes of Smallville are "Lucy" and "Spirit."
- Met husband David Palffy while taking acting classes in Vancouver.
- Gail Durance — Mother
- Joel Durance — Father
- David Palffy — Husband