Boyishly handsome and quietly seductive, this small-screen player became the quintessential crush of dork-loving teens with his nerdy turns on youth-oriented series. He was sweet and sensitive in a recurring role as Jennifer Love Hewitt's sexually confused boyfriend on Party of Five
, and he brought those same qualities to his portrayal of an endearing high-school geek on Popular
. A former model who studied acting at UCLA, where he met his wife and Popular
costar Anel Lopez, Gorham never lacked for work. But the up-and-comer had to wait a while for his big break, appearing in a string of critically lauded but short-lived shows including Odyssey 5
, Medical Investigations
and Jake 2.0
, in which he played the title character, a mild-mannered computer tech suddenly endowed with superpowers. While he was starring on yet another flop, the sitcom Out of Practice
, Jake 2.0
creator Silvio Horta approached him about appearing on his new show Ugly Betty
. Out of Practice
getting canceled was Gorham's lucky break, since it allowed him to take a recurring role as the plucky heroine's accountant love on Betty
. The prolific actor also kept viewers guessing with his starring role on the limited-run mystery series Harper's Island
in 2009, before landing on the USA Network's action thriller Covert Affairs
in 2010.Christopher Gorham Fast Facts:
- In high school, participated in martial arts, fencing and water polo.
- Met wife Anel in a UCLA vaudeville class; they later appeared together on the high-school drama series Popular.
- Breakthrough role was playing a gay teenager in a relationship with Jennifer Love Hewitt on Party of Five.
- Made feature-film debut in A Life Less Ordinary (1997).
- Appeared in three series in a row that didn't last for more than a year: Jake 2.0, Medical Investigations and Out of Practice.
- Is a licensed auctioneer.
- Christopher Gorham Relationships:
- Lucas Gorham - Son
- Cathryn Gorham - Mother
- Anel López Gorham - Wife
- David Gorham - Father
- Ethan Gorham - Son
- Alondra Cecilia Lopez Gorham - Daughter
- Christopher Gorham Awards:
- 2007 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series - Nominee
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA (BA, 1996)