Boyishly handsome and quietly seductive, this small-screen player became the quintessential crush of dork-loving teens with his nerdy turns on youth-oriented series. He was sweet and sensitive in a recurring role as Jennifer Love Hewitt's sexually confused boyfriend on Party of Five, and he brought those same qualities to his portrayal of an endearing high-school geek on Popular. A former model who studied acting at UCLA, where he met his wife and Popular costar Anel Lopez, Gorham never lacked for work. But the up-and-comer had to wait a while for his big break, appearing in a string of critically lauded but short-lived shows including Odyssey 5, Medical Investigations and Jake 2.0, in which he played the title character, a mild-mannered computer tech suddenly endowed with superpowers. While he was starring on yet another flop, the sitcom Out of Practice, Jake 2.0 creator Silvio Horta approached him about appearing on his new show Ugly Betty. Out of Practice getting canceled was Gorham's lucky break, since it allowed him to take a recurring role as the plucky heroine's accountant love on Betty. The prolific actor also kept viewers guessing with his starring role on the limited-run mystery series Harper's Island in 2009, before landing on the USA Network's action thriller Covert Affairs in 2010.
- In high school, participated in martial arts, fencing and water polo.
- Met wife Anel in a UCLA vaudeville class; they later appeared together on the high-school drama series Popular.
- Breakthrough role was playing a gay teenager in a relationship with Jennifer Love Hewitt on Party of Five.
- Made feature-film debut in A Life Less Ordinary (1997).
- Appeared in three series in a row that didn't last for more than a year: Jake 2.0, Medical Investigations and Out of Practice.
- Is a licensed auctioneer.
- 2007, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Ethan Gorham — Son
- Alondra Cecilia Lopez Gorham — Daughter
- Lucas Gorham — Son
- Anel López Gorham — Wife
- David Gorham — Father
- Cathryn Gorham — Mother
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States (BA, 1996)