PBS's premier science-documentary series, which has won six Peabody Awards and more than 20 Emmys (four in 2002 alone) since its 1974 debut. `Nova' clearly, and often engagingly, `demystifies' a vast range of science, technology and history topics---past a (more…)
Premiered: March 3, 1974
Season 39, Episode 6 The Fabric of the Cosmos: What Is Space?
First Aired: November 2, 2011
Physicist Brian Green hosts "The Fabric of the Cosmos," a four-part series about space, time and the universe. Part 1, "What Is Space?," explains that space isn't the void it's often portrayed to be, but a dynamic tapestry that's manipulated by gravity. Included: dark energy, which accounts for 70 percent of the universe; a black hole-inspired theory that space is a hologram-like projection of a deeper two-dimensional reality.
Trending TonightSee all »
By Hal LeonardBuy New: $11.42
By Hal LeonardBuy New: $15.82
Beginning Jazz Bass: How to Create Jazz Bass Lines Including Two-Feel, Walking Bass, Bossa Nova, Ballads, Fills & More!
By Musicians Institute PressBuy New: $15.82
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage