Modern Marvels 1995 | TV Show Watchlist
Architectural and engineering landmarks of the 19th and 20th centuries. The programs previously aired on A&E's `Time Machine' series. Among the subjects: the Brooklyn Bridge, the Maginot Line, the Erie Canal, the Aswan Dam and the Trans-Siberian Railroad.
Premiered: January 1, 1995
Season 15, Episode 16 Super Hot
First Aired: June 9, 2008
A study of extreme temperatures. Included: A life-size mannequin is exposed to temperatures above 1000 degrees; geologists take lava samples from Kilauea volcano in Hawaii; and scientists heat plasma to over 200 million degrees. Also: a visit to Underwriters Laboratories to watch malfunctioning blow dryers and coffeemakers melt.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative