Flashpoints USA 2003 | TV Show Watchlist
Season 1, Episode 2 The Media Today: Truth or Lies?
First Aired: September 16, 2003
The second edition of Bryant Gumbel and Gwen Ifilll's quarterly public-affairs series focuses on the media. Segments include an interview with Tom Brokaw on the state of the media; and reports on such subjects as the Jayson Blair scandal at The New York Times; media consolidation (including an interview with FCC chairman Michael Powell); whether journalists should have political agendas (including a profile of Bill O'Reilly); and the phenomenon of “pack journalism” (the case studied is the 2002 coal-mine flood in western Pennsylvania). Also: a roundtable discussion of media issues. Panelists include J. Max Robins (TV GUIDE), Ed Bark (Dallas Morning News) and Brooke Gladstone (National Public Radio).
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage